Christopher Hebert is the author of the novels Angels of Detroit and The Boiling Season. He is also co-editor, with Martin Griffin, of Stories of Nation: Fictions, Politics, and the American Experience. His short fiction and nonfiction have appeared in numerous publications. He is a former senior acquisitions editor at the University of Michigan Press.
Professor Hebert teaches screenwriting and fiction writing. Recent courses include Writing Fiction (364), Writing the Screenplay (365), Advanced Fiction Writing (464), the Art of the Novel (484), graduate Fiction Writing (580), and special topics graduate seminars on topics ranging from revision to forms of fiction (686).
- B.A. Antioch College
- M.F.A. University of Michigan
- Angels of Detroit. Bloomsbury, 2016.
- The Boiling Season. HarperCollins, 2012.
- Stories of Nation: Fictions, Politics, and the American Experience. UT Press, 2017
- Hodges Excellence in Teaching Award for Assistant Professors
- Friends of American Writers Award