(see Courses for a list of current offerings)
Upper Level Courses:
- English 355 Rhetoric and Writing
- English 357 Honors Rhetoric and Writing
- English 360 Technical and Professional Writing
- English 455 Persuasive Writing
- English 460 Technical Editing
- English 462 Writing for Publication
- English 466 Writing, Layout, and Production of Technical Documents
- English 470 Special Topics in Rhetoric.
- English 495 Introduction to Rhetoric and Composition
- English 496 The Rhetoric of Legal Discourse
Lower Level Courses:
- English 101 English Composition I
- English 102 English Composition II
- English 103 Writing Workshop I
- English 104 Writing Workshop II
- English 118 Honors English Composition
- English 121 Academic English for Undergraduate Students
- English 131 English Composition for Non-Native Speakers of English I
- English 132 English Composition for Non-Native Speakers of English II
- English 255 Public Writing
- English 257 Honors: Public Writing
- English 262 Introduction to Poetry Writing
- English 264 Introduction to Fiction Writing
- English 267 Honors: Introduction to Poetry
- English 268 Honors: Introduction to Fiction
- English 295 Business and Technical Writing
- 505 Composition Pedagogy (3) Introduction to teaching composition through study of various pedagogical theories and methods.
- 575 Issues in Second/Foreign Language Rhetoric and Composition (3) Examination of cross-linguistic and cross-cultural issues in the development of academic writing proficiency in a second/foreign language.
- 582 Special Topics in Writing (1-3) Topics vary.
- 585 Issues in Rhetoric, Writing, and Linguistics (3) Survey of contemporary research in rhetoric, writing, and linguistics.
- 586 History of Rhetoric (3) Survey of rhetoric from Greek Classical Period to modern era.
- 588 Special Topics in RWL History (3) Topics vary. Readings in the history of rhetoric.
- 589 Special Topics in Language (3) Topics vary. Readings in language, linguistics, and literacy. Recent offerings include:
- 680 Advanced Studies in Rhetoric, Writing, and Linguistics (3) Contents vary.
- 682 Research Methods in Rhetoric, Writing, and Linguistics (3). Overview of research design and methods.