Ziona is a doctoral student in Restoration and 18th-century Literature, interested in drama and the novel. Her research explores gender and sexuality, with an emphasis on women’s relationships and performances of gender. During the 2018-2019 school year she is working as a research assistant with Dr. Misty Anderson on The Routledge Anthology of Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Performance and God on Stage, and with Dr. Hilary Havens on Samuel Richardson’s Correspondence with Edward Young, Johannes Stinstra, Eusebius Silvester and Lady Barbara Montagu, Volume 8 of the Cambridge Edition of the Correspondence of Samuel Richardson.
- Restoration and 18th-century Drama
- The 18th-century Novel
- Feminist and Queer Theory
- Master of Arts, English Literature, Florida State University, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature and Gender Studies, New College of Florida, 2013
- “The True Mistress of Virtue?: Progressive Femininity in Love’s Last Shift and The Relapse.” 2018 American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies Annual Meeting. Orlando, Florida. March 2018.
- “‘We shall have you wish yourself a widow by and by’: The Role of Widows in Love’s Last Shift and The Relapse.” 2015 Southeastern American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies Annual Meeting. Gainesville, Florida. February 2015.