The Graduate Students of English (GSE) is an organization open to all enrolled members of the graduate program in the Department of English. It is committed to maintaining an official forum for debate and the exchange of information among graduate students in English, and it acts as the primary liaison between the graduate students and the graduate director. The GSE also works to increase graduate student participation in department activities, as well as facilitates the training and professional development of graduate students. The GSE serves as an advocate for graduate students in matters such as funding, benefits, teaching loads, course offerings, and the academic structure and direction of the department and the graduate school.
With these ultimate goals in mind, the GSE hosts monthly department-wide graduate student meetings and other formal activities such as professional development seminars. The GSE also is committed to the transmission of information, through maintaining a Facebook page. Additionally, the GSE hosts both formal and informal social events throughout the year. In short, the GSE strives to make the experience for UT graduate students more enjoyable and more productive.
- Chair: Michael Sutherlin email@example.com
- Vice Chair: Sarah Yancey firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD Rep: Jeff Amos email@example.com
- PhD Rep: Emily Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
- New PhD Rep: Kayla Shea email@example.com
- MA Rep: Katie Haire firstname.lastname@example.org
- MA Rep: Rachel Harper email@example.com
- New MA Rep: Anita Voorhees firstname.lastname@example.org
- MFA Rep: Ashley Dailey email@example.com
- New MFA Rep: Walt Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary/ Treasurer: Rebecca Caroline Culp email@example.com
- Social Chair: Josh Mangle firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSS Liaison: James Shepherd email@example.com
- GSS Liaison: Megan Von Bergen firstname.lastname@example.org