Ph.D Student, Graduate Teaching Associate
Lucas Nossaman is a doctoral student with a concentration in 19th Century American Literature.
- 19th Century American Literature
- Early American literature
- Christianity and Literature
M.A. North Carolina State University, Raleigh, 2013
B.A. Harding University, 2011
- "Forest Christian," a Poet of the River Lands: Wendell Berry in Appalachia." Forthcoming in edited collection on Appalachia ecocriticism, West Virginia University Press.
- rev. of Henry David Thoreau: A Life, by Laura Dassow Walls. Forthcoming in Christianity and Literature.
- "The Wisdom of 'The Farm': Sabbath Theology and Wendell Berry's Pastoralism," forthcoming in Renascence.
- Rev. of "Loving God's Wildness: The Christian Roots of Ecological Ethics in American Literature," by Jeffrey Bilbro. Christianity and Literature, 65.3. June 2016.
- "Agriculture and Biblical Tradition in Jewett's A Dunnet Shepherdess." Christianity and Literature, 64.4. September 2015.
Awards, Honors & Grants
- Chancellor's Fellowship, 2016-2020