Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies
Dr. Havens is a Lecturer who teaches courses in Composition, Public Writing, Women in American Literature, and African-American Literature. She has designed and taught courses on the Vampire Myth and Suburbia in American Literature and Film. As the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies, she advises undergraduate English majors and edits the Department's English Major Newsletter. She is also the Coordinator for the Department of English's webpage.
BA Belmont University
MA University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Ph.D. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Website Coordinator, Department of English, 2012-
- Member, Department of English Website Committee, 2012-
- Lecturer Voting Representative, Department of English, 2011-
- Member, Undergraduate Committee, Department of English, 2010-
- Discussion Leader, Life of the Mind Program, 2003-2010 & 2012
- Representative, Lecturer’s Steering Committee, 2004-2006
- Discussion Leader, Coffee Talks on Using Blackboard, First Year Studies, UTK, Fall 2005
- Member, First Year Studies Steering Committee, UTK, 2004-2005
- Designer, Master Site for Instructors, First Year Studies, UTK, 2004-2006
- Member, African-American Studies Steering Committee, UTK, 2003-2004
- Member, Committee on Non-Tenure Faculty and Staff, Commission on Women, UTK, 1997-98
- Graduate Student Representative, Chancellor Advisory Search Committee, UTK, 1992
- Member, Graduate Council, UTK, 1989-92
- Member, Graduate Curriculum Committee, UTK, 1990-92
- Liberal Arts Representative, Graduate Student Association (GSA), 1988-92
- Chair, Academic Issues Committee, GSA, UTK, 1991-92
- Chair, Graduate Assistantships Committee, GSA, UTK, 1991-92
Awards, Honors & Grants
- Faculty Advisor Services Award, College of Arts and Sciences, UTK, 2001.
- Chancellor’s Citation for Extraordinary Professional Promise, 1994.
- John C. Hodges Award for Exceptional Scholarship, 1992.