Graduate Teaching Associate
Jill Fennell is a doctoral student with a concentration in Literature and Critical Theory.
- Southern Literature
- Critical Theory
Ph.D. English, University Tennessee, Knoxville
M.A. English, Texas Tech University, 2014
B.A. English, Southern Arkansas University, 2012
- "A Review of Serious Daring: The Fiction and Photography of Eudora Welty and Rosamond Purcell by Susan Letzer Cole." Eudora Welty Review (Forthcoming 2017) (Solicited)
- "A Review of Twentieth-Century Women's Writing in Wales: Land, Gender, and Belonging by Katie Gramich." Canadian Review of Comparative Literature. 2013: 40.2 221-224. Print. (Solicited)
- "Blue Racer" Emergence. Magnolia, AR: SAU Writing Contest, 2012. 26. Print.
- "Pennies" Emergence. Magnolia, AR: SAU Writing Contest, 2011. 6-7. Print
- "Sun & Shade" Emergence. Magnolia, AR: SAU Writing Contest, 2012. 49-54. Print
- Humanities Center Mentor Program, Mentor, University of Tennessee Humanities Center (2015-2017)
Awards, Honors & Grants
- Oscar Roy Ashley Graduate Fellowship, University of Tennessee, 2017-2018
Associations & Organizations
- Emerging Scholars Organization of SSSL | Executive Council Member
- Society for the Study of Southern Literature (SSSL)
- The Eudora Welty Society
- South Atlantic Modern Language Association
- Graduate Students of English, UTK
Peer-Reviewed Conference Presentations
- “Inside the Trojan Horse.” SAMLA 88. Jacksonville, FL. 6 Nov. 2016.
- “An Economics of Apathy: Memory, History, and Myth in Delta Wedding” Society for the Study of Southern Literature Conference. Boston, MA. 12 Mar. 2016.
- “Red-Blooded Americans Eat Red Meat: Conspicuous Carnivorism, Conservatism, and Immunitary Subjecthood” 28th Annual Meeting of the Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts. Dallas, TX. 9 Oct. 2014.
- “Nature Trouble: The Need for Postmodern Feminism in Ecocriticism” Conference of the Sowell Family Collection in Literature, Community, and the Natural World. Lubbock, TX. 11 Apr. 2014.
- “Ideological (Re)Presentation in Composition: Teacher/Student Subjective Performance Spaces in Transaction” South Central Modern Language Association Conference. New Orleans, LA. 4 Oct. 2013.
- “‘Line Your Lips and Keep ‘em Closed’: Class and Gender Constructs in Women’s Country Music” Texas Tech 2013 Comparative Literature Conference: Gendering Globalization. Lubbock, TX. 12 Apr. 2013.
- “Is Country Music More Real? Loretta Lynn’s Ownership and Performative Acts of Southern Gender Codes” Popular Culture Association/ American Culture Association National Conference. Washington, D.C. 27 Mar. 2013.