Jackie Kerr is a doctoral student with a concentration in Rhetoric, Writing, and Linguistics and a focus in Rhetoric.
- Rhetoric, Writing, & Linguistics
- Environmental Rhetoric
- Rhetorical Theory
- Qualitative Research
M.A. in English, University of North Carolina, Wilmington, December 2011
B.A. in English, University of North Carolina, Pembroke, May 2009
B.A. in Psychology, University of North Carolina, Pembroke, May 2006
Awards, Honors & Grants
- Experienced Tutor, University of Tennessee, August 2014
Associations & Organizations
- Graduate Students in English, PhD Representative. 2012-2015
- Invited Member, Bedford/St. Martin's New Scholars Advisory Board. 2015-2016
- Invited Member, Cengage Composition Advisory Board. 2015.
- Discussion Leader Co-Coordinator. Research Network Forum Executive and Planning Committee. 2013-Present
"Designing Doubt: The Tactical Use of Uncertainty in Hydraulic Fracturing Debates." Hot Topics: Common Topics in Environmental Rhetoric. Ed. Derek Ross. Burlington, VT: Ashgate Press. (forthcoming)