The Chancellor’s Honors Banquet is held each spring to recognize students, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Tennessee for their extraordinary achievements. This year’s banquet was held April 8th at the University Center and honored the following members of the English department for their achievements:
- Professor Nancy Henry received the 2013 Research and Creative Achievement Award.
- Carolyn Wisniewski received the Extraordinary Graduate Student Teaching Award.
- Graduate student Christian Anton Gerard and Undergraduate students Alissa Reeves and Kelly Kerwin received Extraordinary Professional Promise Awards
- Jon Carleton was named one of the nine undergraduate Torchbearers across campus.
- Undergraduates Miranda Jones and Rachel Radford both received an Extraordinary Academic Achievement award.
- Miranda Jones, Samantha McElfresh, and Rachel Radford were three of the twelve Arts and Sciences undergraduates to be named Top Collegiate Scholars.